About the fund
The EDF Energy Renewables Barmoor Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund at the Community Foundation makes grants to voluntary and community organisations based within a ten-kilometre radius of the Barmoor Wind Farm, with priority given to those within a five-kilometre radius. The Fund will also consider applications from organisations based outside of the 10km radius, if they clearly demonstrate direct benefit to residents living within the priority area.
Applicants can apply for a minimum of £250 and up to £10,000; in exceptional circumstances, grants of up to £20,000 may be considered.
Priority will be given to capital items with a tangible, lasting benefit, including improvements to community buildings. Running costs and revenue funding will be considered in exceptional cases.
Applicants must demonstrate that:
- the proposed project is run by local people for local people.
- they involve users on their management committee.
- they engage as many people as possible, ensuring that users have a say in how the project is run.
- The proposed project meets identified local needs or issues.
If you are applying for the costs of secondhand equipment, your application must demonstrate why this represents better value than purchasing new equipment and how the equipment will be maintained.
If you are applying for funding towards heating or power generation, your application must demonstrate that renewable technology has been investigated as part of the project development.
What will not be funded
- Retrospective grants
- Replacing statutory responsibility, for example school curriculum activities, road repairs
- Political campaigns
- Religious campaigns
- Activities that could bring the Community Foundation and/or EDF into disrepute
- Projects that generate income for personal gain
- Repayment of loans or debts
Making an application
How do I apply?
Applications can be made online at www.communityfoundation.org.uk. In exceptional circumstances, an application form can be posted to you; please contact us if you require a paper form.
When should I apply?
The Fund meets twice yearly, with applications welcome all year round. The deadline above is for applications to be considered in October 2021.
To make an application, please click apply online above
Senior Programme Advisor