I hope you are all well. Once more I am emailing with the latest news, and how to get the information you might need.
Expansion of testing
Testing for Covid-19 has now been expanded once more to allow the following to be eligible:
- all essential workers including NHS and social care workers with symptoms (see the full list of essential workers)
- anyone over 65 with symptoms
- anyone with symptoms whose work cannot be done from home (for example, construction workers, shop workers, emergency plumbers and delivery drivers)
We will also test anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus that lives with those identified above.
In addition, we’re also testing:
- social care workers and residents in care homes (with or without symptoms) both to investigate outbreaks and, following successful pilots, as part of a rolling programme to test all care homes
- NHS workers and patients without symptoms where there is a clinical need, in line with NHS England guidance
You can find out more about what the tests involve HERE. If you meet the criteria and have symptoms, you can self-refer HERE.
Bounce back loans
The Chancellor has announced new small loans to help smaller businesses through these times. They will range from £2,000 to £50,000 and will be available from Monday 4th May.
There will be no repayments for the first 12 months, and the Government will provide lenders with a 100% guarantee for the loan and pay any fees and interest for the first 12 months.
You can find out more about that HERE.
Funding for Northumberland County Council
An additional £1.6 billion funding has been announced for local authorities, bringing the total extra funding package for dealing with Covid-19 to £3.2 billion.
Of that, Northumberland County Council will receive an extra £19,105,111 to tackle issues faced by the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak.
Northumberland County Council has done a sterling job making sure our vulnerable residents receive the support they need, and administering the grants to businesses to help them get through these difficult times, in fact it is in the top 4 local authorities for administering the funds.
Each local authority will be able to decide how best to spend the money where it is most needed. You can find out more about this funding HERE.
As ever, please do get in touch via email@example.com if you need my help.