EDF-ER Barmoor Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund
Applications are invited for consideration at the April 2019 meeting of the EDF-ER Barmoor Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund. These must be submitted by Monday 25 February 2019.
Who can apply?
Priority is given to community and voluntary groups, schools or other such organisations based within a 5 km radius of the Barmoor wind farm. Applications will also be considered from organisations based within a 10km radius of the wind farm. If an organisation based outside of the 10km radius can clearly demonstrate that an application is directly benefiting residents living within the priority area, it will also be considered.
Please note that only one application per organisation will be considered at each Panel meeting.
What can be funded?
- Capital items that will have a long-lasting benefit ( a minimum of two quotes required);
- Improvements to community buildings (a minimum of two quotes required);
- Biodiversity and habitat conservation;
- Energy conservation and increased use of renewables;
- Community trips and events;
- Start-up costs for new groups;
This list is not exhaustive!
How much money can be applied for?
Grants of between £500 and £10,000 are available. In exceptional circumstances, grants of up to £20,000 may be considered.
How do we apply?
Applications can be made online at www.communityfoundation.org.uk/apply by the above dates, or a paper application form can be posted out to you.
For further information please contact the Community Foundation on (0191) 222 0945 firstname.lastname@example.org